Interview with Mercenary101 Veteran, Katherine Light!


(Click on the image to follow Katherine on Twitter!)

Surprise Wednesday strolled along, and this week we have another interview with you! Katherine Light was nice enough to accept our request, and this week we will look into her life as a Merc, and other things too! Without further ado, let's get started!

1. You're recognized as a veteran at Mercenaries101. For our new viewers, can you explain what "Mercenaries for Hire" is?

Katherine Light: Mercenaries for Hire is a group of highly-trained, experienced player that offer to help with any bosses in the Spiral. We'll help with questing or farming, whatever people need. It doesn't cost anything to get help from us, all you have to do is ask. We know that some of these dungeons are scary for people, so we write guides to help people through them if they want to try on their own, and try to make things fun and less intimidating for anyone who chooses to run with us.
We're also a little weird and wacky. 


2. Where did the idea to make up such a wonderful helping system originate? Who was involved?

Katherine Light: I can't take credit for that one! M4H was founded in 2009 by Christo Deathgiver and began with him as the only merc. The group has grown exponentially over the past 4 years, and we've had 5 leaders altogether. (Christo, Andrew Wildflame, John Shadow, myself, Scarlet*.) The group has evolved into something very different from what it was back then, but the core intention remains the same; we aim to help and educate.


3. We know you're on your toes when someone requests assistance. What is your favorite part of helping?


Katherine Light: I love it when people have been struggling with a dungeon for a long time and decide to take that leap, make a Central account, and ask for help for the first time. There's a moment where they're so nervous about what's about what's coming and have trouble believing that you can really help them get through. We get to explain what you need to do to defeat those bosses, watch them find out how it works, and see them take out that boss that's been giving them trouble for so long... it's fantastic to see them finally get that feeling of accomplishment and success.


4. If you could describe Mercenaries for Hire in one word, what would it be? Why?


Katherine Light: This is payback for all those vocab contests I like to hold on twitter, isn't it? Just one word? Um.... Pedagogical.
Yes, I chose that one to make people run for a dictionary. :P


5. We know you're a fond of farming, but everyone has that one item they can't get. Which item have you tried constantly to achieve but never have?


Katherine Light: That Amulet of Divine Influence! MUST HAVE IT. ON EVERY CHARACTER. The fact that I've been farming for weeks and never seen one drop CANNOT STOP ME! Okay maybe it can, but it's gotta happen sooner or later, right?


6. Speaking of farming, would you like to see
 a dungeon extension into any previous worlds? How does a level 90 dungeon in Krokotopia sound?

Katherine Light: I have been waiting for YEARS for that new dungeon in Krokotopia! I feel like there's been this ominous feeling hanging over Krokotopia ever since Briskbreeze tower mentioned something big starting there. I want to find out what's going on there! Aside from that, I'd looooove to get a look at the inside of Barkingham Palace, preferably as a dungeon.

7. Nearing the end of this interview, is there anything you'd like to see added to Wizard101 or Pirate101? 


Katherine Light: In Pirate101 I would loooove to see crafting, particularly if the gear is great. In Wizard101 I'd love to see more events, or dungeons like Winterbane.... basically anything that makes hoard pack gear droppable, lol. 


8. Lastly, is there anything you'd like to say to your fans?


Katherine Light: Sure! I am (and I think I speak for most of the M101 team here) actually a bit uncomfortable with the idea of having fans, so I'd say.... Please don't think of yourselves as fans, I much prefer friends.  If you see me (or any merc!) in game, come say hi, or send us a message on Twitter or Central. While we love to help, we're also regular players who like having fun. We love to meet new people and make new friends, so don't be scared to get to know us! 




Good having you, Katherine! You were a great addition to this blog, and I hope everyone enjoys the interview, because I sure did! 


1 comment:

  1. I apologize for calling myself a fan of the Mercs, um, Katherine...but I still hold the Mercenaries in very high esteem...This is what happens when I read e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g on the Mercs website and on Central for half a year, re-reading some many times, become extremely impressed at this extraordinary teamwork, and...miss all the events. This made me want to get to know the Mercs even more, and eventually this developed into such respect and admiration for the Mercs that...well, what happened when I first met you and John Shadow. I don't know if I should even have posted this. Makes me sound like such a dork.

    Amber Fireriver

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that this is a G-Rated Blog, and comments must be appropriate for all ages.